Three young men, 2 aged between 17 and 19 years, and one over 28, lost their lives after drinking toxic alcohol in Gojal valley ‘s Passu village on Tuesday.
They were rushed to the Tehsil Headquarter hospital in Gulmit early in the morning on Tuesday in critical condition. Unfortunately Muhammad Rajab and Mazoor hussain could not survive. The third person, Abdul Qadir from Hussaini village, was admitted in CMH Gilgit in critical condition where he died. Doctors said they tried their best to save him, but the toxins were so strong that they could not.
Meanwhile, the SHO and Magistrate of Gojal have taken notice of deaths by toxic liquor and have ordered action against elements involved in sale of toxic liquor.
The people in the area have demanded that the police and administration should perform their duties as expected and ensure crackdown against the people who were involved in such heinous business.